Category Archives: Today I Love
Some actors from The Burning won Oscars, landed major roles in TV sitcoms, or cropped up all over the place in various TV shows for decades after.
And some turned into a bottle.
On my zillionth viewing of Prom Night, I thought some stuff. Not just “my God, is that how they danced in 1979!?” or “that’s her dress?” but plotty things like:
- The Halloween influence is so heavy: The street Jude crosses looks exactly like the one Laurie and friends walk down in Haddonfield.
- How can Kelly and Jude be friends with each other, let alone the sister of the girl they killed?!
- And Nick – dating her???
- It’s pretty obvious who it is from ten minutes in.
- Kim’s prom queen dress makes Molly Ringwald’s one from Pretty in Pink look like Chanel.
- Are Leslie Nielsen and his missus supposed to be suspects? Where are they at the end?
- Drew should’ve been murdered. Gruesomely.
- Nick, although nice, deserved to go too
- Wendy’s chase scene is still the best. Ever.
- Nobody heard a van explode? Nobody was outside smoking, making out, or getting air?
- The killer should’ve turned out to be Kelly, guilt-ridden over what they did.
- The disco choons really are awesome. Time to Turn Around was stuck in my head all last night.
Oh, Vickie… brown panties for a booty call?