On my zillionth viewing of Prom Night, I thought some stuff. Not just “my God, is that how they danced in 1979!?” or “that’s her dress?” but plotty things like:
- The Halloween influence is so heavy: The street Jude crosses looks exactly like the one Laurie and friends walk down in Haddonfield.
- How can Kelly and Jude be friends with each other, let alone the sister of the girl they killed?!
- And Nick – dating her???
- It’s pretty obvious who it is from ten minutes in.
- Kim’s prom queen dress makes Molly Ringwald’s one from Pretty in Pink look like Chanel.
- Are Leslie Nielsen and his missus supposed to be suspects? Where are they at the end?
- Drew should’ve been murdered. Gruesomely.
- Nick, although nice, deserved to go too
- Wendy’s chase scene is still the best. Ever.
- Nobody heard a van explode? Nobody was outside smoking, making out, or getting air?
- The killer should’ve turned out to be Kelly, guilt-ridden over what they did.
- The disco choons really are awesome. Time to Turn Around was stuck in my head all last night.