Today I love… Halloween: Resurrection (God forgive me)
Halloween: Resurrection… at the time of writing it has a 4.0 rating on IMDb and everyone moans how crap it is. But not me, no! I can’t help it, there’s just something about it that I like…
- It’s not Busta Rhymes’ sorry excuse for acting;
- It’s not the beyond-ridiculous Twist of Fury that is the explanation for Michael being alive;
- And it’s not the stupid ‘murder’ of Laurie Strode (notice that her fall is partly broken by tree branches?)
It’s the slashtasticness of it… As a dead-teenager Halloween-set stalk n’ slash film, it’s just super fun.
- The slayings are bloody and archetypal of the genre;
- The final girl is remotely aided by a room full of over-acting teenagers;
- The theme tinkers along when needed;
- It’s more than well enough made;
- And it’s still about 10,000,000 times better than the Rob Zombie films;
- Tyra Banks makes this face:
There, pool your cash resources and get me therapy.